A CV Product will be tested against the following principles:
- Block the serving of advertising on to pages which contain content, deemed to be inappropriate by the advertiser, in HTML source code. Detect inappropriate words on a web page or the code of that web page before or after the ad appears.
- Block the serving of advertising on to pages which contain words in content delivered via a linked file deemed to be inappropriate by the advertiser. When the page appears in the browser it displays content pulled from another source which may be unrelated to the expected content on the page.
- Register changes in page content and then block the serving of advertising on to pages which contain content, deemed to be inappropriate by the advertiser, in real time. A page which has rapidly changing content such as a Forum.
- Block the serving of advertising on to domains and sub-domains, deemed inappropriate by the advertiser.An inappropriate text string in the domain or sub-domain name such as http://inappropriate.com OR http://inappropriate.safesite.com
- Block the serving of advertising on to pages which contain words in the URL, deemed to be inappropriate by the advertiser. An inappropriate text string contained within the URL such as http://normal.com/okay/inappropriate.aspx)
- Block the serving of advertising on to aliases of an URL or domain, deemed to be inappropriate to the advertiser. A URL may look like http://normal.com/safe.aspx but the page that is displayed is http:// inappropriate.com/unsafe.aspx
- See through iframes and block the serving of advertising if keywords or URLs, deemed to be inappropriate, to the advertiser, are detected. Inappropriate words may be contained within the iframe which is embedded on a web page and the ad is served on the page, or vice versa.
An approved CV Product will also be able to serve ads correctly in equivalent scenarios that contain only appropriate content. In addition, the CV Product will:
- Be capable of incorporating any list of keywords or URLs, deemed to be inappropriate by the advertiser, into the CV product within 2 working days of that new list being produced.
- Be configurable to block the serving of advertising to any URL not previously checked as safe, until the status is known, if identification of content is not in real time.
The objective of ABC’s test programme is to verify whether a CV Product is capable of meeting claims in relation to some or all of the principles above. For the purpose of ABC testing note:
- Capable is defined as once configured; the product consistently blocks or serves ads under different scenarios during the period of testing.
- Blocking, in real time refers to the decision to serve or not serve the ad and not any spidering or pre-classification activity.