DTSG Brand Safety
The Digital Trading Standards Group (DTSG) was set up in 2012 to bring the industry together to propose guidelines aimed at significantly reducing the risk of misplacement of advertising across the digital trading ecosystem.
The DTSG Good Practice Principles are the basis of our certification for brand safety.
- The Buyers and Sellers of digital display advertising shall ensure that the transaction follows a Primary Agreement or Contract.
- This should include where the advertising should (or shouldn’t) appear, using independently-certified Content Verification (CV) tools or schedules.
- Sellers should confirm how they minimise the risk of ad misplacement, whether inventory is sourced directly or indirectly.
- Sellers should be able to explain the process(es) that do this.
- They should understand any contractual consequences if they fail to monitor and respond appropriately to ad misplacement via take down.
- Each Signatory will have their ad misplacement minimisation policies independently verified by a JICWEBS-approved provider.
Content Verification Tools
Content Verification (CV) technology is designed to crawl through hundreds of web pages, classifying the content and making decisions on whether the content is appropriate for the advertising campaign.
Our CV Tools Best Practice Principles aim to bring clarity to the claims of CV products by delivering a set of industry agreed standards that companies can be certified against. These principles are designed to test the ability of CV products to block and/or report, in real time, the serving of an online ad onto destinations that have been defined in advance by the client